JJR 8000 series intelligent motor soft starter adopts international advanced electronics technology, microprocessor technology and modern control theory to efficiently limit start voltage of asynchronous motor. The equipment could be widely applied to fan, pump, conveyor and compressor and other heavy load equipment. It is an excellent product to substitute traditional startup equipments such as star/triangle transition, self-coupling voltage reduction, magnetron voltage reduction and so on.
As the control center of JJR 8000, DSP, a micro-processor, starts and protects the motor through the control system. DSP micro-processor phase triggers and controls the SCR to lower the motor’svoltage and current, smoothly add the motor torque until full speed operation. This way of start-up can lower the motor’s start-up and impact current, reducing impacts on the power grid, motor itself, and the mechanical influences connected from loads at the same time, in order to prolong the device service life and reduce breakdowns.
JJR8000 has three modes of start-up: voltage mode, limit current mode, and direct-current mode.
Initial motor torque: When the frequency is a constant value, motor torque is proportional to the square of the applied voltage.
Setup range: 25％-80％. When adjusting the parameter, the user has to consider current impact and mechanical impact. If the value is too big, it will lead to a very big initial current. And then current impact and mechanic impact will be too much more. Under voltage mode, current will change with the exact load. But if maximum value is limited on 5 times rated current, the user could increase start time to reduce its start current. When the load is light or empty, it will also complete start process even though it does not reach setup rising time because of motor potential energy which has accelerated the establishment.
Limit Current Start
It shall determine the maximum current at the permitted starting time.
Setup range: 150-500％FLA( motor rated current). If asking for an extending range, please contact the manufacturer. If the setup value is too big, the motor will get bigger current from the main circuit to accelerate its speed. If the setup value is too small, it will cause that the motor still could not reach the full speed after completing its acceleration process. In order to help start current quickly reach limited value, it’s better to setup start time short.
○ Choose parameters through simple programming load type;
○ A choice of three sets of start-up parameters, convenient for one motor starter starting motor loads with varied powers.
○ Closed-loop control realized through initiating the motor feedback voltage to ensure a successful motor start-up under all working conditions and varied loads.
○ Three ways of start-up: voltage-slope start brings the maximum output torque; constant-current soft start brings the optimum limiting start-up current; direct-current soft start can itiate the soft starter directly.
○ Way of programmable delayed start-up, and programmable inter-lock control.
○ No phase-sequence requirements for the input power source.
○ The start-up and stop times can be digitally modified.
○ Capable of multi-functions: over-current, three-phase current imbalance, overheat, phase loss and motor overload protection.
○ Dynamic fault memory function is easy for faults identification.
○ Be capable of online searching for the maximum currents of start-up and operation.
○ Overall dynamic starter control and monitor in the fieldbus, easy for wiring.
Introduction of Production Applications：
● Pump: make use of the soft stop function to relieve the influence of water hammer so as to save the system maintenance cost.
● Ball mill: make use of the voltage ramp startup to reduce gear torque friction so as to save cost and time.
● Fan: reduce the belt friction and mechanical conflict to save maintenance cost.
● Compressor: use limited current to realize smooth start-up, decrease heat from motor and prolong device life.
● Conveyor: make use of the soft start to realize smooth and gradual startup process in order to avoid product move and liquid overflow.
Technical Indexes ：
● Main loop work voltage: AC380V/690V/1 140V(+10%~-25%);
● Main loop work current: 13A~1500A;
● Main loop frequency: 50Hz/60Hz(±2%);
● Control-loop power supply: AC/DC220V+ 15%(0.5A);
● Soft-start rising time: 1-120S;
● Soft-stop time: 0-100S;
● Impact time: 0.1~0.3S;
● Impact voltage: 50%~ 100%;
● Current limiting times: 1.5-5.0le;
● Initial voltage: 25% ~80%Ue;
● Way of cooling: natural cooling
● Way of communication: RS485 series communication (An option of Modbus-RTU and Profibus)
Description of Product Type：
Product Outline and Wiring Terminals：
M0 Outlines and Wring Instructions
M1/M2/M3 Outlines and Wring Instructions
Outline & Dimension
JJR 8000 Series Intelligent Motor Soft Starter Outline & Dimension of M0
JJR 8000 Series Intelligent Motor Soft Starter Outline & Dimension of M1, M2 and M3
Sheet of Product Configuration and Mode Selection （M0, M1 and M2 are the code for outlines）